So although it’s only December, I have decided to make a New Year’s Resolution, and put it into practice now. I barely blogged at all in November; partly it was exhaustion, partly I was busy doing other things*, and partly the existential despair into which I plunged while watching a cabal of goblins gather to undo the Good Work of the past eight years.
My New Year’s resolution is this: I will blog at least once a week, on Fridays. If it isn’t about movies, it will be something interesting. No, I won’t just ramble about how I am doing, but I will review some new book/product/whatever that I am exploring, as I am always checking some new thing out. I will do my best to be entertaining, informative, and fair, and bring a bright spot of interest to your week.
Since the future is looking kind of bleak, I’m resolved to do my best not to be part of the problem. After all, we’re in this together now!
So, stay tuned for tomorrow’s blog entry, which is about my John Clare cosplay/Halloween costume!
And this weekend is Spooky Empire, which was rescheduled due to Hurricane Matthew! I’ll get to meet THE Elvira, and be in the same room as the Stranger Things cast! I’ve been looking forward to it most of the summer; originally I was going to wear my costume but since it’s kind of a pain to put on, I think I will skip that and just wear my favorite Hannibal T-shirt.
So keep an eye on your inbox, and have a great day!
*In no particular order, I:
- Volunteered on a Saturday to help sew festive holiday pillowcases for the leukemia ward of a children’s hospital
- Edited my novel some more
- Had Thanksgiving dinner with my sister and her family, including a homemade 12-lb turkey, which I brined and roasted, homemade mashed potatoes, green bean casserole from scratch, and handmade cheese and herb monkey bread
- Knitted my Mom some yoga socks, then worried they were too big and started another pair because that’s how I roll
- Experimented with new hair care products
- Read like 5 books
- Donated to the food drive at work
- Participated in the work potluck
- Purchased, assembled, and painted two wooden picnic tables for my backyard. They are bright purple and I keep forgetting to take a photo
- Cook healthy meals at home and go to the gym at least twice a week
- Spent time with friends and family